Easily accessible from any direction Reaching Linz by car
- Arriving from the direction of Salzburg and Vienna: Westautobahn A1 motorway, Linz/Zentrum exit
- Arriving from the direction of Prague and Freistadt: Mühlkreisautobahn A7 motorway, Linz/Hafenstraße exit
- Arriving from the direction of Regensburg and Passau: Innkreisautobahn A8 motorway to the A1 motorway, Linz/Zentrum exit or toll-free along the Danube on the B 127
Parking in Linz
Short-term pay parking areas
Most of Linz city centre is divided into short-term parking areas, which are designated by signs and blue ground markings. The maximum parking time is 180 minutes (maximum parking time can vary – please note the respective signs). Single-track vehicles can be parked without fees and without time restrictions.
Parking via mobile is offered as an alternative to traditional parking permits on many streets. You can use your smartphone to pay parking fees on a platform via various certified operators.
Please check the signs for information regarding the validity of the respective short-term parking areas!
Parking token system
Customers at selected businesses within Linz’s City Ring receive a free parking token in the amount of 20 € after shopping. A parking token is valid for 30 minutes of parking in Linz’s short-term parking areas. Shops participating in this system can be identified by stickers which are prominently fixed on the doors. The parking tokens for the Linz City Ring can be exchanged at the Linz AG customer centre for tickets which can be obtained there.
Large car parks
Parking is free at the large car parks in Linz.
- Ebelsberg (Kremsmünsterer Straße 23)
- Heilham (Kreuzung Linke Brückenstraße/Ferihumerstraße 62)
- Urnenfriedhof (Freistädter Straße 143)
- Stadionparkplatz (Ziegeleistraße 65)
- Stadtfriedhof St. Martin (Wiener Bundesstraße 105)
Underground and multi-storey car parks in Linz
You can park your car without having to worry about the weather in Linz’s underground and multi-storey car parks. Different fees apply at the various car parks.
- City car park Linz (Betlehemstraße 12)
- Elisabeth-Garage (Elisabethstraße 2)
- Car park Grünmarkt (Kaarstraße 11)
- Parking level Hauptbahnhof (Bahnhofplatz 9)
- Raiffeisen car park Südbahnhof Linz (Khevenhüllerstraße 6-10)
- Underground car park Med Campus III (Krankenhausstraße)
- Underground car park Med Campus III (Weißenwolffstraße)
- Underground car park Arcotel (Untere Donaulände 9)
- Underground car park Bahnhof-Wissensturm (Kärntnerstraße 18)
- Underground car park Blumau (Scharitzerstraße 6-8)
- Underground car park Design Center (Europaplatz 1)
- Underground car park Domplatz (Stifterstraße 3)
- Underground car park Eishalle (Untere Donaulände 11)
- Underground car park Hauptplatz (Hauptplatz)
- Underground car park Hessenplatz (Fadingerstraße 23)
- Underground car park Lenaupark (Hamerlingstraße 34)
- Underground car park Lentia (Blütenstraße 15)
- Underground car park Lentos (Ernst-Koref-Promenade 1)
- Underground car park Medicent Linz APCOA (Untere Donaulände 21-25)
- Underground car park Mozart City (Mozartstraße 12-14)
- Underground car park Musiktheater (Am Volksgarten 1)
- Underground car park Neues Rathaus (Hauptstraße 1-5)
- Underground car park Pfarrplatz (Pfarrplatz 9)
- Underground car park Promenade (Promenade 2)
- Underground car park Promenade-Galerien (Star Inn, Promenade 25)
- Underground car park Seilerstätte (Seilerstätte 1)
- Underground car park Unfallkrankenhaus (Garnisonstraße 5)
- Underground car park at the train station (LDZ, Bahnhofsstraße 4-6)
- Underground car park city center (Dametzstraße 34-36)
- Underground car park Landstraße (Hessenplatz 16-18)
All information without guarantee.