The Danube - pure pleasure!
Discover the Danube by bike and boat - a perfect combination of active cycling and relaxed boat travel on the MS Kaiserin Elisabeth makes this trip a real “Danube Experience”!
Schedule 2019: Trips start every Wednesday
from 3 July to 28 August 2019 (= last trip)
Wednesday: Departure for Passau. Cycles and overnight stay.
Thursday: Schlögen/Linz, 43 km cycling, 3 hrs. boat trip. Through Kasten and Engelhartszell to Schlögen. On the MS Kaiserin Elisabeth to Obermühl (captain’s reception with gun salute, unsalted bread and cider) and then on to Linz. 4-course meal on-board
Friday: Spitz, 49 km cycling, 3.5 hrs. boat trip Grein (classical music concert) and on by boat to Ybbs. Continuation on the Danube Cycle Path over Melk to Spitz.
Saturday: Traismauer, about 30 km cycling through Weissenkirchen and Dürnstein to Krems as far as Traismauer. There’s plenty of time on this day to enjoy the beauty of Wachau.
Sunday: Vienna, about 57 km cycling, The cycling tour continues through the fertile Tullner Valley to Vienna.
Monday: Return to home or extension night reservation.
Standard middle-class hotels, in Linz and Vienna 4* hotels
Breakfast buffet daily; half board 4 x incl. 3-course evening meal
- 5 overnights w/ breakfast buffet in double room with en suite shower/WC
- Baggage service from Passau to Vienna incl. insurance up to 700 €/person
- Schlögen (or Engelhartszell) boat trip – Linz incl. bike incl. 4-course evening meal on-board
- Boat transfer – hotel in Linz
- Boat trip Linz–Ybbs incl. bike
- “Classic Hits” concert in Grein
- Saddle bag rental – for own bikes as well + 1.5 l Mineral water at bike transfer
- Detailed description of tours incl. maps
- 7-day service telephone
Price and information
Gross price (group prices for 14 persons and more)
399 € p.p. double room w/ breakfast
127 € single room supplement
86 € half-board supplement
85 € bike rental/stay