Sound experiences in Linz and St. Florian In the footsteps of Anton Bruckner
Encounter Anton Bruckner in his childhood home and where he made his first major artistic steps: in St. Florian and Linz.
Arrival: daily, year round
Min. no. of participants: 20
Seating for: 21/1
Day 1: Linz
Your Austria Guide will take you on a city tour in the footsteps of Anton Bruckner through the Upper Austrian capital.
You will visit the Bruckner organ, lovingly referred to as “his organ”, in the Alten Dom or ‘Old Cathedral’. Climbing up to the organ via the Bruckner Stairway, you’ll see display windows and posters detailing the life and works of Anton Bruckner.
Overnight is in a standard middle-class hotel in Linz.
Day 2: Priory of St. Florian
The Augustinian monastery of St. Florian was home for Anton Bruckner even as a youth. He was a member of the famous Florian Boy’s Choir and later a teacher and the monastery organist. In fact, his final place of resting is under the large Bruckner organ in the monastery church.
The tour will show you the historical and partially ornate rooms of the Priory of St. Florian and end with a short organ recital on the Bruckner organ. At noon, there will be a 2-course meal in the monastery cellar.
- One overnight/breakfast buffet in a standard middle-class hotel in Linz
- City tour “In the footsteps of Anton Bruckner” with an Austria Guide in Linz
- Admission and visit to the Bruckner Stairway
- Admission and tour of the St. Florian Priory
- Organ recital on the Bruckner organ (about 25 min.)
- 2-course lunch in the monastery cellar St. Florian
Price and information
Price per person and stay:
Double room w/ breakfast 109 €
Single room supplement 30 €