A trip into the city of the future Best of Linz
Linz is a UNESCO City of Media Arts – one of nine future-oriented cities worldwide! For many decades, the city has been an art pioneer. The Ars Electronica Center – the museum of the future – fascinates thousands of people every year. An exciting tour leads visitors into the world of artificial intelligence, robotics and genetic and biotechnology. What does this path of exciting and challenging developments mean for humans?
1st day: Museum of the Future and voestalpine Stahlwelt
The modern architecture of the Ars Electronica Center already shows where the journey leads: into the future of the man-made systems of the 21st century. After this is a tour of the voestalpine Stahlwelt focusing on conception, processing and production, followed by a tour of the plant of the most modern steel production facilities. Dinner in a Linz restaurant.
2nd day: Mural Harbor tour in Linz Harbour
Guided boat tour through Europe’s biggest outdoor graffiti gallery in Linz Harbour to the impressive graffiti artworks. Followed by a graffiti crash course with expert instruction.
- 1 overnight with breakfast buffet in an elegant middle- class hotel in Linz
- Admission and guided tour in the Ars Electronica Center - Museum of the Future
- World of voestalpine Stahlwelt–factory tour and visit to the exhibition
- 2-course evening meal in a restaurant in Linz
- Guided boat tour of the Mural Harbor outdoor gallery with graffiti crash course
Arrival: Tuesday to Saturday
Minimum no. participants: 20, complimentary seats: 21/1
Scheduling tip: Ars Electronica Festival from 10 to 14 September 2020